Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hiatus

It's been a busy past few weeks with school and work. Lots of printmaking and typography projects keeping me from blogging. But this weekend rather than getting covered in ink and glue I will be having fun on a much needed mini-vacation. Tomorrow morning Eli and I are driving down to Portland for a weekend of jazz and relaxation. The Portland Jazz Festival starts tomorrow, and we are going to see Ornette Coleman, Tord Gustavsen, and Bill Charlap over the next three days. If you have not experienced their music - you must! They are all extremely talented artists that very rarely perform in the United States. It's going to be a bit of an extravagant weekend, but Eli and I haven't gone on a nice trip together...ever. We said we would do one for our 3 year anniversary, but that was also six months ago. So, happy 3.5 years, and belated valentines day, etc,. I set us up with a great hotel in the heart of downtown, and I plan on spending a lot of time wandering and checking out local galleries and shops. A trip to Voodoo Doughnuts is certainly on the list of necessary visits, and maybe I will even fraternize with the enemy and grab a cup of coffee at Stumptown. Be back Monday with pictures and an (exciting) announcement!

No comments: