Thursday, February 21, 2008

meow meow meow!

Yay! This is Sonja, my new best friend. I adopted Sonja on Monday from a local shelter. She is a year old, and was found back in October with her litter of kittens under an I-5 overpass. Still a kitten herself, she and her litter were brought into the shelter and fixed up. All of her beautiful kittens not only survived, but were adopted into loving homes. Now, mama cat has a home too. Although I've only had her for a few days, she has already made herself at home in our little apartment. She's a five star gal, and I look for many years of having this fluffy friend purring in my lap.

Our trip down to Portland this past weekend was tons of fun. Lots of good food, good jazz, and some good coffee, too. A few photos from the trip, primarily highlighting what we ate (I wasn't allowed to take pictures at the performances) are up on my flickr.

More kitty updates and oodles of photos are undoubtedly soon to come. The family is coming to visit this weekend, so it's going to be a fiesta in Seattle. All of my favorite things in one place.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I've had the Comcast triple deal for just over a year. I figured out I saved a bit of money over having the old Sprint/whatever-it-is-now company. And I got to keep my old number.
I haven't had long distance service for 6-7 years, at least. Before I went with Comcast, I would buy a calling card and refresh it when I needed to. I don't make that many long, long distance calls but we have a lot of toll calls just around where I live.
I read that more people are dumping the land lines and using cell as their main #. Phone companies are hurting.
All the new phones have a gps built into them. So, if you get in trouble somewhere, they can find you by that as long as your battery is alive. A very good reason to have a car charger for both your cell phone and your car. If I traveled alone much, I'd have an extra car battery in my trunk and know how to install it. Well, I know how, but you get the idea.
My feeling is that any woman should know how to take care of herself in these types of situations.
You won't miss the house phone, Bonnie.

Margaret in very windy Lancaster, PA

Margaret said...

That was weird. Not what I said here at all! I was saying how adorable your new kitten is and how cuddly she looks.

So sorry, Kim. The weird thing happened from me signing into another friend's blog yesterday. Goodness.

I am your mom's e-friend and on-line knitting buddy. Actually, she's more my guru.

Margaret Garland